Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where's my nectarine?!

It's been an effort but I have three kids who eat apples, carrots, watermelon and two out of three eat bananas. But in an attempt to increase their palate I recently bought two nectarines and two peaches. Knowing they weren't ripe yet I placed them in a brown paper bag and waited. They were the subject of great interest and over and over I was explaining "their peaches and nectarines but their not ready yet". Well today I went to try them, planing on slicing them up and having every one try them. But all I had in the bag was one peach... Hmmmm. So I say "guys, where's my nectarine?". No answer... "guys! where's my nectarine?! Chloe have you seen it?"
"No mom" she answered sweetly. Piterbed I chalked the missing fruit up to Marks appetite. I let it go and proceeded to assemble every one's lunches. But when I turned around to put the plates on the table what do I see but a mostly eaten and almost totally skinless nectarine!
"Chloe" I say.
"What" she say's
"What's this on the table?"
"Oh that was so good I loved it"
"Well that's a nectarine honey."
"Yea a nectarine we need to get more of those mama".
"Okay baby we will". How can anyone get mad at that? Now I can say at least one out of three eat nectarines and that ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment